Create issue ticket

607 Possible Causes for Fecal Incontinence, Poor Outcome

  • Status Epilepticus

    In cases where the event was not witnessed, physical exam findings such a bite marks on the tongue or lips, or urinary or fecal incontinence may suggest a recent seizure.[cdemcurriculum.com] Both STESS and mSTESS are not predictive for poor outcomes in EPC.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] The outcome was categorized as poor based on any decrease in baseline GOS score or moderate-to-severe developmental delay in young children; otherwise outcome was considered[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Lumbar Disk Herniation

    If the anal sphincter is not working, fecal incontinence may occur. This means the patient loses the ability to control the passage of stool from the bowels.[livestrong.com] In group A, treatment was a success (excellent or good outcome) in 70.3% and deemed a failure (poor outcome or recourse to surgery) in the remaining 29.7%.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Diffuse disk bulges were associated with a poor outcome and never regressed.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Intracerebral Hematoma

    outcome.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Abstract Additional space-occupying intracerebral hematoma (ICH) in patients suffering from subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) is a known predictor for poor outcome.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] BACKGROUND: Admission blood glucose (BG) is a predictor of poor outcome in patients with ICH.[n.neurology.org]

  • Acute Gastroenteritis

    outcomes that have been observed in the large case-control study Global Enteric Multicentre study (GEMS).[wellcomeopenresearch.org] A study is deemed to be of good, fair, or poor quality if the score is 7, 6, and 5 (out of 9), respectively ( 18 ).[frontiersin.org] […] implications, with potentially 20% of children with severe dehydration secondary to AGE and without SAM receiving low volume low sodium rehydration, which may explain the poor[wellcomeopenresearch.org]

  • Spinal Epidural Abscess

    […] and urinary incontinence Stage 4 : paralysis Typical Clinical Symptoms/Signs Abdominal Pain (see Abdominal Pain, [[Abdominal Pain]]): may occur in thoracic spine epidural[mdnxs.com] It delays suitable management and leads to poor outcome. We report a classic case of SEA in a woman with a history of diabetes mellitus.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Although emergency surgical intervention was performed almost within 24 h after the diagnosis of epidural abscess in case 1, the patient revealed a poor outcome.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Acute Alcohol Intoxication

    outcome ( 126 ).[cjasn.asnjournals.org] 150 to 200 mg/dl can be associated with increased mortality ( 125, 128 ), whereas, in others, only blood concentrations of approximately 400 mg/dl were associated with a poor[cjasn.asnjournals.org]

  • Hemorrhoids

    Symptoms Fecal incontinence may occur temporarily during an occasional bout of diarrhea, but for some people, fecal incontinence is chronic or recurring.[mayoclinic.com] Factors associated with poor outcome. Dis Colon Rectum 39:1164–1170 PubMed CrossRef Google Scholar 65. Herold A (2005) Spinkterrekonstruktion/Spinkterraffung.[doi.org] The risk of adverse events and poor outcome following STARR may be increased by the presence of undiagnosed concomitant pelviperineal diseases which frequently affect constipated[doi.org]

  • Cauda Equina Syndrome

    After catheter removal, the patient developed urinary retention, fecal incontinence, and perianal hypoesthesia.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] In addition complete perineal anaesthesia was evident in 7/19 patients, 5 of whom developed a poor outcome.[doi.org] The patient initially showed no neurological deficits after the gunshot injury but after 15 months he presented again with urinary and fecal incontinence.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Constipation

    BACKGROUND Fecal incontinence and constipation are common gastrointestinal complaints, but rarely occur concurrently.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] A specific group of patients vulnerable to poor outcomes following TAC-IRA are patients who suffered prior sexual abuse.[fascrs.org] Figures and Tables - Analysis 2.2 Comparison 2 One treatment versus another treatment, Outcome 2 Number of people with no evacuation after stimulation (poor response).[dx.doi.org]

  • Diarrhea

    Fecal incontinence is the inability to delay defecation in a controlled manner.[web.archive.org] Challenges of access to facilities persist leading to delayed care and poor outcomes.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Increased risk of poor outcome - eg, co-existing medical conditions (immunodeficiency, inflammatory bowel disease, heart disease, diabetes mellitus, renal impairment), drug[patient.info]

Further symptoms