456 Possible Causes for LDL Decreased

  • Lecithin Acyltransferase Deficiency

    […] the unesterified cholesterol and lecithin of the VLDL and LDL are decreased.[jci.org] ) and VLDL particles Plasma LCAT activity: decreased only in HDL particles but not LDL Genetic Findings in Fish-eye Disease [ edit ] Mutations in the LCAT gene, which is localized[en.wikipedia.org] […] apo-AI (the major lipoprotein of HDL), decreased apo-B (the major lipoprotein of LDL) and elevated triglycerides [ 2 ].[ndt.oxfordjournals.org]

  • Abetalipoproteinemia

    Lab Acanthocytosis, decreased VLDL-cholesterol, decreased LDL-cholesterol, absent apoB when homozygous.[medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com] Although heterozygotes are usually asymptomatic, they exhibit decreased LDL cholesterol and apoB levels and possibly have a decreased risk of atherosclerosis. [6, 7 , 8] The[emedicine.medscape.com] […] cholesterol may have a decreased risk for heart disease.[emedicine.medscape.com]

  • Psyllium

    Breakfast cereal containing blond psyllium can decrease total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol by 5% and 9%, respectively.[emedicinehealth.com] In an eight-week trial, total cholesterol decreased by 14 percent and undesirable LDL cholesterol by 20 percent.[peoplespharmacy.com] For instance, taking 5.1 grams twice a day for eight weeks resulted in a decrease in total and LDL cholesterol, as well as an increase in HDL levels in 49 patients with type[medicalnewstoday.com]

  • Hypobetalipoproteinemia

    ANGPTL3 mutations cause low levels of LDL-cholesterol and low HDL-cholesterol in compound heterozygotes and homozygous individuals, decrease reverse cholesterol transport,[journals.lww.com] Although heterozygotes are usually asymptomatic, they exhibit decreased LDL cholesterol and apoB levels and possibly have a decreased risk of atherosclerosis. [6, 7 , 8] The[emedicine.medscape.com] Normal TG with decreased total cholesterol, LDL-C and HDL-C 2) Failure to thrive 3) White duodenal mucosa at endoscopy genetic hypocholesterolemia?[ojrd.biomedcentral.com]

  • Adrenal Insufficiency

    A decrease in total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, and LDL cholesterol concentrations, frequent in cirrhosis [ 26 ], may lead to lack of substrates for steroidogenesis [ 19[omicsonline.org]

  • Probucol

    The mechanism underlying this effect is not entirely clear; however, it is hypothesized to be related to the decreased levels of ox-LDL and the increased levels of PON1 ([jtd.amegroups.com] A significant increase in the serum Ox-LDL and C-reactive protein and decrease in superoxide dismutase and circulating MNCs and EPCs were observed in hyperlipidemic patients[omicsonline.org] Retardation of the progression of coronary (11) and femoral (12) atherosclerosis has been related to a decrease of LDL cholesterol and an increase of high-density lipoprotein[onlinejacc.org]

  • Danazol

    GI: Gastroenteritis, hepatic damage (rare), increased LDL, decreased HDL. Urogenital: Decreased libido. Musculoskeletal: Joint lock-up, joint swelling.[robholland.com] A temporary alteration of lipoproteins in the form of an increase in LDL cholesterol, a decrease in HDL cholesterol, affecting all subfractions, and a decrease in apolipoproteins[medicines.org.uk] A direct causal relationship to danazol use has neither been confirmed or refuted. 2 Hypercholesterolemia, specifically, an increase in LDL cholesterol and a decrease in HDL[empower.pharmacy]

  • Cholestyramine - Teratogenic Agent

    Definition (Fenofibrate) VLDL - decreased LDL - unchanged/decreased HDL - increased TG - decreased Term What drug can cause Azotemia?[flashcardmachine.com] Biliary excretion. don't affect LDL-R decreased LDL decreased HDL 20-30% diarrhea QT tract lengthening (don't associate to class I or class III antiarrhythmic drugs, tricyclic[ufrgs.br] […] with pre-existing cardiovascular disease treated with niacin, despite a markedly improved lipid profile (increased HDL-C, decreased LDL-C, and decreased triglycerides).[medbullets.com]

  • Oxymetholone

    & decreases HDL[reference.medscape.com] Significant increases in low density lipoproteins (LDL) and decreases in high density lipoproteins (HDL) have occurred. [ Ref ] Renal Renal side effects have included retention[drugs.com] As with any oral C17-alpha alkylates steroid the major concerns are as follows: High blood pressure Water retention Hypertension Increases LDL cholesterol levels Decreases[skinny2fit.com]

  • Microangiopathy

    Triglycerides and LDL decreased, while HDL increased across the groups according to WML/lacunar infarct severity, however, there was no significant effect on WML/lacunar infarct[journals.plos.org]

Further symptoms