Create issue ticket

2,477 Possible Causes for Mental Retardation, in Survivors

Showing results for: Mental Retardation, in Survivors
Search instead for: Mental Retardation in Survivors

  • Patau Syndrome

    Survivors suffer from severe mental retardation and health problems all their lives.[symptoma.com] Otherwise, we also found the increased recurrence risks of aneuploidy in two individuals, and the longest survivor (84 months) of non-mosaic trisomy 13 in Taiwan.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Children with trisomy 13 and trisomy 18 (T13-18) have low survival rates and survivors have significant disabilities.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Pneumococcal Meningitis

    Complement C3 levels were 5-fold lower in nonsurvivors than in survivors (P 0.05).[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] retardation.[analesdepediatria.org] In patient samples we showed that pneumolysin levels in CSF remained high after 48 hours in nonsurvivors of meningitis compared with survivors.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Meningococcal Meningitis

    Of those who live, another 11-19% lose their arms or legs, become deaf, have problems with their nervous systems, become mentally retarded, or suffer seizures or strokes.[web.csulb.edu] The aim of this study is to compare genotype distributions of two TLR9 polymorphisms between clinical severity variables in MM survivors.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] If it damages the nerves leading into the brain it could cause hearing loss, learning disabilities, motor impairment or mental retardation.[healthcentral.com]

  • Japanese Encephalitis

    About half the survivors are left with neurological damages.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] We report a 5-year-old mentally retarded Japanese boy who developed acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) two weeks after Japanese encephalitis vaccination (Beijing[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] However, about half of the survivors have severe sequelae, such as spasms, paralysis, convulsions, mental retardation, speech disorders and emotional disturbances.[thaitravelclinic.com]

  • Trisomy 18

    Various congenital malformations, mental retardation, and high rate of infant mortality in the first year of life are characteristic features of trisomy 18.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Abstract The purpose of the study is to provide data about 22 survivors over the age of 1 year with full trisomy 18 (12-59 months).[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] It causes severe congenital abnormalities and mental retardation although phenotypic features, clinical manifestations and prognosis vary occasionally.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Bacterial Meningitis

    Bacterial meningitis may cause permanent damage, including hearing loss, mental retardation or even death.[childrenshospital.org] Of the nine survivors, 22.2% (2/9) had a full recovery, while the other 77.8% (7/9) had varying degrees of neurological deficits.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Introduction: bacterial meningitis, responsible for childhood morbidity and mortality, can also lead to permanent neurological disability among survivors.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Klinefelter Syndrome

    This is the first description of KS, mosaicism (46,XY/47,XXY), associated with AN and mental retardation.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] If a spouse dies, and the remaining spouse is not on the credit card account, is it still the responsibility of the survivor to pay the card?[oregonlive.com] Kirsten Frederiksen, E Janet Tawn, Marilyn Stovall, Christoffer Johansen, John D Boice and Jeanette Falck Winther, Chromosomal Abnormalities in Offspring of Young Cancer Survivors[doi.org]

  • Hemophilus Meningitis

    About 45% of survivors experience no negative long-term effects. [3] References [ edit ] Al-Tawfiq JA (2007).[en.wikipedia.org] Eight percent of siblings (relative risk for cases vs siblings, 8.0; P .05) and 2% of age-matched controls (relative risk vs cases, 10.0; P .01) had mental retardation.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Many survivors suffer paralysis, deafness, mental retardation and learning disabilities.[gavi.org]

  • Powassan Encephalitis

    Powassan encephalitis can cause serious central nervous system disruption, with a 10-15% fatality rate in reported cases, and many survivors suffering long-term neurological[caryinstitute.org] Survivors of POW: 50% have permanent neurologic problems – Headaches, muscle wasting, memory problems Supportive treatment is the only available treatment.[lymediseaseassociation.org]

  • Trisomy 9

    Clinical findings included growth and mental retardation, facial dysmorphism, delayed ossification, single flexion crease, gastro-oesophageal reflux in one girl, and ventricular[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] […] available literature on individuals with trisomy 9 mosaicism focuses on reports concerning results of prenatal testing or fetal autopsy with limited reports of long-term survivors[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Due to the deep mental retardation and motor deficiency of the patient involved, treatment (extractions, caries restorations and periodontal treatment) is conducted in hospital[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Further symptoms

Similar symptoms