Create issue ticket

2,364 Possible Causes for Normal Hearing

  • Presbycusis

    […] brainstem specimens from 13 subjects having normal hearing or presbycusis was undertaken.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] RESULTS: A relationship was not observed between age and the spiral ganglion cell population in the normal hearing group.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Five additional normal hearing individuals, ranging from 9 to 50 years of age, were also studied.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Long QT Syndrome 1

    hearing, later called Romano-Ward syndrome.[en.wikipedia.org] Long QT syndrome Drawing of a normal ECG tracing ( sinus rhythm ) with waves, segments, and intervals labeled. The QT interval is marked by the blue line at bottom.[en.wikipedia.org] Specialty Cardiology Symptoms Fainting, hearing loss [1] Complications Sudden death [1] Causes Genetic, certain medications, low blood potassium, low blood calcium, heart[en.wikipedia.org]

  • Patterson Pseudoleprechaunism Syndrome

    Symptoms INHERITANCE: Isolated cases GROWTH: [Weight]; Normal birth weight HEAD AND NECK: [Ears]; Disproportionately large ears; Normal hearing; [Nose]; Disproportionately[findzebra.com]

  • Conductive Hearing Loss

    AIM: The goal was to compare temporal resolution of children with normal hearing, with those bearing conductive hearing loss and auditory processing disorders.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] In total, measurements were made on 30 subjects who had a unilateral refer near birth (during their first 2 days of life) and bilateral normal hearing at follow-up (about[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] In the study group, 14 (43.8%) children had slight CHL, and the remaining 18 (56.2%) children had normal hearing levels.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Congenital Deafness

    Abstract Functional hemispheric specialization in recognizing faces expressing emotions was investigated in 18 normal hearing and 18 congenitally deaf children aged 13-14[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] We examined 16 congenitally deaf adolescents, aged between 16 and 19 years, and 16 normally hearing subjects, matched for gender and age.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] The results were compared with standard of normal-hearing children with the same hearing age.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Deafness

    Expected reductions in activity to ipsilaterally weighted ILDs were evident in the right hemisphere of children with normal hearing.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Cortical ITD processing in children with simultaneous bilateral CIs and normal hearing with similar time-in-sound was explored in the present study.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] All patients had on the implantation side no speech discrimination with normal hearing aids. The contralateral side was normal or marginal hearing loss.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Tinnitus

    But a subgroup of tinnitus patients show normal hearing thresholds in the conventional pure-tone audiometry (125 Hz-8 kHz).[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] […] near-normal hearing.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] STUDY SAMPLE: Two adults who presented with unilateral, non-pulsatile subjective tinnitus and bilateral normal-hearing sensitivity.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Overeating

    I’d hear my housemates joking together. They seemed to be having a normal college experience! I hated my body for making me eat. I hated how fat and slobbed-out I felt.[tinybuddha.com]

  • Usher Syndrome Type 1J

    People with type III are born with normal hearing and near-normal balance but develop vision problems and then hearing loss. There is no cure.[medlineplus.gov] hearing, vision and balance.[rarediseases.org] Type III Individuals with Usher syndrome type III are born with normal hearing but develop RP and then progressive hearing loss.[ourmed.org]

  • Sensorineural Hearing Loss

    OBJECTIVE: To assess the static and dynamic balance performance of students with normal hearing and with sensorineural hearing loss.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Normal-hearing (NH) and HI listeners identified a simple melody presented simultaneously with two competing melodies, each simulated from different lateral angles.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] The study group comprised of two equal, age and sex matched subgroups; Hearing Loss (HL) group and Normal Hearing (NH) group.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Further symptoms