Create issue ticket

359 Possible Causes for Spontaneous Rupture of Membranes

  • Spontaneous Rupture of Membranes

    CONCLUSIONS: There is a 24 h rhythm in the timing of spontaneous rupture of membranes in term gestations.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] We conclude that there is no advantage to delaying induction of labor when women present at term with spontaneous rupture of membranes.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Early spontaneous rupture of membranes initiated preterm labor, and a cesarean section was performed at 36 weeks' gestation because of fetal distress.[acronymfinder.com]

  • Labor

    OBJECTIVE: To evaluate whether elective induction of labor between 39 through 41 weeks of gestation, as compared with expectant management, is associated with reduced cesarean delivery and other adverse outcomes among obese women and their offspring. METHODS: We conducted a retrospective cohort study using[…][ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Amnionitis

    . - 12-24 wks: usually normal - 24 wks: oligohydramnios from PROM; fetal tachycardia * Spontaneous abortion. * Prematurity from premature rupture of membranes * Fetal pneumonia[fetalultrasound.com] rupture who are given expectant management (waiting for spontaneous labor).[abclawcenters.com] […] of fetal membranes (before labor onset) Prolonged rupture of the fetal membranes ( 18 hours) A retrospective study (2012-2015) suggests that prolonged spontaneous active[emedicine.medscape.com]

  • Precipitate Labor

    Check for Presence of an Intact Amniotic Sac. (1) If the membranes do not break spontaneously, they should be ruptured just prior to or with the delivery of the head. (2)[brooksidepress.org] Caution must be taken to prevent the membranes from covering the infant's mouth as the first breath is taken, otherwise aspiration of amniotic fluid can occur. b.[brooksidepress.org] Caution must be taken to prevent the membranes from covering the infant’s mouth as the first breath is taken, otherwise aspiration of amniotic fluid can occur. b.[brooksidepress.org]

  • Vaginitis

    […] abortion maternal infection postpartum endometritis neonatal complications include low birth weight prematurity Trichomoniasis prematurity premature rupture of membranes[step2.medbullets.com] […] vulvovaginal candidiasis topical -azoles are preferred in pregnancy medications include fluconazole clotrimazole miconazole Complications Bacterial vaginosis miscarriage and spontaneous[step2.medbullets.com]

  • Vaginal Candidiasis

    Preterm prelabour rupture of the membranes 2. Spontaneous pregnancy loss 3. Mode of birth 4. Duration of maternal hospitalisation at the time of birth 5.[doi.org] Preterm birth (birth before 37 completed weeks of gestation) results from either spontaneous onset of labour (including preterm prelabour rupture of the membranes) or a clinical[doi.org] The cause of spontaneous preterm birth is often unknown, but intrauterine infection is implicated in up to 40% [ 4, 6, 7 ].[doi.org]

  • Ehlers Danlos Syndrome

    Problems during delivery Due to the fragility of connective tissue, those with EDS are more prone to prelabour spontaneous rupture of membranes (SROM), including preterm SROM[patient.info]

  • Pregnancy

    Preterm spontaneous rupture of membranes and fetal abnormal presentation represent frequent complications and probably post-caesarean infections are related to pregnancies[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

  • Bacterial Vaginosis

    […] preterm prelabour rupture of membranes, and hence, BV is a major determinant to the prematurity-related disease burden [ 12 ].[biomedcentral.com] Preterm premature rupture of the membranes and spontaneous preterm labour accounts for approximately 80% of preterm deliveries; the remaining 20% are planned deliveries for[doi.org] In pregnancy, the presence of vaginosis-like microflora especially during early gestation has been consistently and strongly associated with spontaneous preterm labour and[biomedcentral.com]

  • Puerperium

    'show', spontaneous rupture of membranes, complete effacement of the cervix).[doi.org] ] Rupture of amniotic sac less than 24 hours prior to the onset of labor 658.2 Delayed delivery after spontaneous or unspecified rupture of membranes [0,1,3] Prolonged rupture[theodora.com] Await the return of strong contractions and spontaneous rupture of the second bag of membranes, usually within 1 hour of birth of first baby, but may be longer.[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Further symptoms