Create issue ticket

41 Possible Causes for Spontaneous Rupture of Membranes, Suppurative Inflammation

  • Amnionitis

    . - 12-24 wks: usually normal - 24 wks: oligohydramnios from PROM; fetal tachycardia * Spontaneous abortion. * Prematurity from premature rupture of membranes * Fetal pneumonia[] rupture who are given expectant management (waiting for spontaneous labor).[] […] of fetal membranes (before labor onset) Prolonged rupture of the fetal membranes ( 18 hours) A retrospective study (2012-2015) suggests that prolonged spontaneous active[]

  • Vaginitis

    […] abortion maternal infection postpartum endometritis neonatal complications include low birth weight prematurity Trichomoniasis prematurity premature rupture of membranes[] […] vulvovaginal candidiasis topical -azoles are preferred in pregnancy medications include fluconazole clotrimazole miconazole Complications Bacterial vaginosis miscarriage and spontaneous[]

  • Acute Otitis Media

    CSOM is long-standing suppurative middle ear inflammation, usually with a persistently perforated tympanic membrane.[] Children with AOM caused by Serotype 19A ST320 were younger (33.9 21.4 months vs. 46.7 35.9 months, p 0.04) and had a higher rate of spontaneous rupture of the tympanic membrane[] Otorrhea: spontaneous rupture of the tympanic membrane Decreased hearing Vertigo, nystagmus, tinnitus, and facial paralysis are unusual presenting symptoms.[]

  • Bacterial Vaginosis

    […] preterm prelabour rupture of membranes, and hence, BV is a major determinant to the prematurity-related disease burden [ 12 ].[] Preterm premature rupture of the membranes and spontaneous preterm labour accounts for approximately 80% of preterm deliveries; the remaining 20% are planned deliveries for[] In pregnancy, the presence of vaginosis-like microflora especially during early gestation has been consistently and strongly associated with spontaneous preterm labour and[]

  • Chorioamnionitis

    The resected specimens demonstrated extensive uterine adenomyosis and endometriosis of the cecum, with a fistulous tract lined by endometriosis and suppurative inflammation[] She was released from the hospital and returned at 25 4/7 weeks' estimated gestational age with possible spontaneous rupture of membranes.[] . • PROM is spontaneous rupture of membrane any time beyond 22nd week of pregnancy but before onset of labour. • Incidence: 10% of all pregnancies. 21.[]

  • Acute Otitis Externa

    […] of the middle ear, usually seen in infants and young children, and classified as either serous (or secretory ) or suppurative (or purulent ).[] If sufficient pressure builds up behind the tympanic membrane it may rupture spontaneously and exude a purulent discharge.[] […] of the middle ear, classified as either serous (secretory), due to obstruction of the eustachian tube, or suppurative (purulent), due to bacterial infection.[]

  • Umbilical Sepsis

    Neutrophilic inflammation is an acute response to bacterial infection and sepsis, although intraocular bacteria may not be present.[] INTRODUCTION Premature Rupture of Membrane (PROM) is spontaneous rupture of fetal membrane before the onset of labor at any gestational age.[] The type of inflammatory cell reaction is generally classified as neutrophilic (suppurative), granulomatous, or lymphocytic-plasmacytic.[]

  • Ophthalmia Neonatorum

    This may result in chronic inflammation and fibrosis. [34] gonococcal bacteremia leads to skin lesions especially hemorrhagic papules and pustules, arthritis, tenosynovitis[] She was admitted on the following day to the obstetric ward in active labor, with spontaneous rupture of membranes and a copious green vaginal discharge.[] Among mothers, premature rupture of membranes was the leading risk factor (24%) followed by sepsis during labor (9%), and history of sexually transmitted infections (STI)[]

  • Neonatal Sepsis

    *SPTOL: Spontaneous preterm onset of labour, pPROM: Preterm premature rupture of membranes, **PROM: Prolonged rupture of membranes Table 2: List of implementable actions to[] […] labor, longer length of labor and membrane rupture, multiple digital vaginal examinations (especially with ruptured membranes), meconium-stained amniotic fluid, internal[] […] preterm onset of labour (SPTOL), intrapartum fever and prolonged rupture of membranes for 18 hours (PROM) were present.[]

  • Impetigo Neonatorum

    Labor started spontaneously, the fetal membranes were artificially ruptured and the amniotic fluid was milky.[]

Further symptoms