By continuing to use Symptoma®, you confirm you accept the cookies. More on
Create issue ticket
Benign Gestational Thrombocytopenia
The risk of conversion to cesarean section is
in every labor and some authors recommend aiming for a platelet level of at least 50 x 10 9/L before that (11,12).
Entire Body System
BJ, Benjamin S, Liesner R, Rose P, Peyvandi F, Cheung B, Machin S J. Guidelines on the diagnosis and management of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and other thrombotic microangiopathies. Brit J Haemat, 2012. 18.
Their main side effects for the mother include inducing or exacerbating gestational diabetes, hypertension,
, weight gain and psychosis.
In ITP patients with moderate/severe thrombocytopenia ( 9 /L), the first-line
mechanisms causing low platelet count during pregnancy are: dilutional effects and accelerated destruction of platelets passing through the placenta.
Format the text using:
. HTML code is not allowed.
Publish Your Question
By publishing this question you agree to the
• Use a precise title for your question.
• Ask a specific question and provide age, sex, symptoms, type and duration of treatment.
• Respect your own and other people's privacy, never post full names or contact information.
• Inappropriate questions will be deleted.
• In urgent cases contact a physician, visit a hospital or call an emergency service!