By continuing to use Symptoma®, you confirm you accept the cookies. More on
Create issue ticket
Enterotoxigenic E. Coli Infection
Entire Body System
Persons with kidney disease should consult a
before taking medications with large amounts of salicylate. Vaccines for ETEC are being developed, but none are currently available.
Bismuth subsalicylate preparations (1 oz of liquid or two 262.5-mg tablets taken four times daily) can reduce the risk of becoming infected with ETEC and other common bacteria that cause
Handwashing with soap and water also can
contamination of food and beverages with ETEC and
transmission from person to person as well.
Format the text using:
. HTML code is not allowed.
Publish Your Question
By publishing this question you agree to the
• Use a precise title for your question.
• Ask a specific question and provide age, sex, symptoms, type and duration of treatment.
• Respect your own and other people's privacy, never post full names or contact information.
• Inappropriate questions will be deleted.
• In urgent cases contact a physician, visit a hospital or call an emergency service!